April 9, 1996

I had 5 hours to 6 hours of sleep last night and I got up feeling pretty normal.  I had a shower and then I went upstairs and had my breakfast, which was a milkshake.  Now the problem so far is lack of food throughout the day.


I went to Skillshare and I worked all day and for lunch I had a Magnum Ice cream.  Now that could also be a problem because I haven’t eaten Ice cream let alone rich ice cream like that and that might have fucked up my metabolism.  I went back to work and got off at 4 pm as usual.


I rode home on the bike and then had something small to eat.  Actually now that I think of it I don’t think I had anything to eat.  I came home, told my mum “Let’s go shopping” and had a quick 20-minute sleep before we left.  Then we went shopping and an hour later I had a banana before we got home from shopping.

When I got home I ate some canned Ham and Pea soup and then went to the Gym.

Gym Routine

This was my workout for today.

Warm-up: I got on the bike and done 30 calories burn off in 5 minutes and then done multiple stretches for the chest but none for the triceps.  I have done the usual stretches for the chest.
Chest: I started with Incline Barbell Press and I did 3 sets.   My first set was with 40 pounds for a warm-up of the chest and I made sure to bring my elbows back and down to stretch the upper chest area.  I had done 20 reps with this weight.  My next set was with 80 pounds and I did 10 reps with that weight.  I then received a spot from a guy and I tried 100 pounds, and I got about 7 by myself before he was really helping me.  He practically pulled the last rep up.  I was very into it at the start of the workout where I would go to failure for all sets.

My next exercise was dips and I started on the normal dip machine and did 8-9 reps before my muscles failed on that set.  I then went to the supported dips and raised the helping weight to about 40 pounds and I did another 8 more reps to failure.  I then raised the weight up to 50 pounds or so and did another 10 reps.

I then went to set up the dumbbell bench presses for 3 sets.  This was the real killer in my chest and my triceps.  I don’t know which one felt it the most.  In future I’m going to use flys or some isolation movement so the chest gets a bigger impact.  My first set was with 30 pounds on each dumbbell and I did 10 reps with that weight.  I was pretty tense in the triceps by now and it was hard to do a set.  My second set was with 40 pounds on each dumbbell and I did 6 reps to failure with that weight.  My last set I dropped to 35 pounds and did another 8 or so reps to failure.

I then thought I was finished with chest and I thought it was time to train biceps so I did a warm up set on the cable curls for 12 reps with 20 pounds on it.  I realized I had one more exercise for the chest and I went and did it.

Bent arm pullovers.  My first set was with 30 pounds and I did 15 reps.  I then jumped to 40 pounds and did 10 more reps.  My last set was with 50 pounds and I did 10 reps and it was close to failure but I was fatigued by now.

Biceps: I did 2 sets on this.  My exercise was the standing cable curls and I did my first set with 40 pounds and I did 10 reps with this weight.  I then upped it to 60 pounds and I did another 8 reps.


The thing is I could be giving myself malnutrition or I could have eaten something bad.   Now half way through my workout I brought a power drink and that didn’t help either.  It made it worse a bit.

When I was coming home I couldn’t make it and felt like I had to sit down or I was going to (not vomit), pass out if I didn’t sit down.

When I got home I felt so bad that I went to sleep straight away for 2 hours.  If that happens again tomorrow I am in trouble but it looks as if it is going to disappear by the morning.  I will have had enough sleep to get me recuperated.

Workout Results

Today was not a good day for training. I only got through four exercises and only done my chest and a bit of biceps.

It was a good workout because I was flushed with blood and I can feel my chest and my triceps to the max here.  At the start of the session I wasn’t feeling up to scratch so by the time I got to the end of the chest program I was just about quitting on my biceps and whole workout.

Heart Rate:  90 Beats

That heart rate is after I have gone to sleep for 2 hours and had some nutritious food and a good shower.

I felt my forehead and it was not too hot but it was hot and I’ve taken another vitamin C tablet about 30 minutes ago.  That would be my fifth one today.  If I narrow the problem down I could use it for future references.

That’s all I did.  Right now I’m feeling a bit ill again and the feeling is coming back, so I might have a rest soon.  I’m going to have a bit more to eat.  I had 100 grams of fish, 100 grams of prawn, and now I am going to try to eat 200 grams of Ski yogurt.

That’s all I have to say for now.

Author: 钨宝

The author of Diary Of A Mad Chaos from 1996 to 2018, The Lost Years book, Wubao In China (猎艳奇缘) book series, and Foreigner (华人) an exploration of race relations in Australia. Fluent in Chinese Mandarin, Macedonian, and English, the author currently resides in China, Guangzhou where he continues to make comparative analysis of the cultural differences between Eastern and Western societies.

Comments: 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *


Your Cart